Boutique

Monday, November 12, 2007

Use your words!

A huge thank you to Narco for uploading some pictures for me today. So now you see me and the Bergerie... For now it will be a lesson in patience until Mr. High Speed gets a move on and installs me some friggin' parts to get this baby on the move. My sister has graceously given me a hand today and confirmed to me it takes only seconds for her to upload my pictures with her wicked internet access... Well, at least I have a back yard. Some things take time. Being in the country means you have to wait for technology to come a knockin'...

Today is one of those days... A day off for the school kids. It has been like mom's bootcamp all day. My kids are like a crowd of meercats. I had to laugh to myself two weeks ago when I brought Gazou (my son Gage) to the eye doctor and a Dad was in the over crowded waiting room with his son too... The little boy got upset over some toy he was sharing with another kid and the little boy suddenly went howling in frustration all through the office and headed for the door out into the building lobby... The Dad whom was entertaining his other child reacted with the words...'Hey buddy! Use your words!' I looked up from my knitting only to see if that choice phrase actually had a magical impact like stopping an angry 4 year old in his tracks to say to himself...Geez Dad, you're right. I will calm right down at this very moment and slowly return to my seat and be grateful for this four hour wait to see the eye doctor and forget about that brat that just ripped me off my toy. Yeah right. It did nothing. I had a little chuckle to myself. I wonder what brainiac gives out that advice to parents...use your words... Obviously, people don't have the same gene pool I am dealing with. By the way, I was very proud of Gazou. He made it through the 4 hour wait without incident...as for today....It did not go well.

Thankfully, knitting takes the edge off anything. I am knitting a Christmas present. This one is for Bonsai (my daughter Ivy). It is a cute hedgehog and if I could upload the freakin' picture without bothering anybody you would see that half way done it looks like road kill....

3 comments:

Karin said...

Hello, bonjour :)! Thank you for your lovely compliment on my blog. It has taken me a while to collect my buttons, mostly they are from specific clubs I belong to, and they provide the buttons. Some of the others myself or my daughter have made using "Photoshop". You can find tips at Knitblog.com, I found it very useful when I was starting this project. Thanks for visiting!

Leanne said...

High-speed access will make all the difference! I couldn't imagine doing without it (mind you, I live in the city and I can't have sheep!)

Thanks for showing me your hedgehog at the guild meeting. It's going to be adorable!

Sarah said...

I feel lucky that I got to see the hedgehog in person... with the perfect feet! Glad to see you on the 'Net. As Leanne said, I couldn't imagine blogging without high speed, but then again, half the time I'm so busy I can't imagine blogging.

Good to see you last night!